We provide a variety of Dental Implant treatments in Barnham, Bognor Regis and Chichester areas ranging from placing single tooth to full mouth implants and in cases of inadequate bone we are also able to place bone grafts. Chantry House Dental Practice is the perfect setting to have your implant surgery done.
What are dental implants?
If you have a missing tooth or teeth, dental implants may be recommended instead of having conventional bridges or dentures.
A titanium post is placed in the jaw bone to support a replacement tooth. This acts like the root of a natural tooth. Implants can also be used to support fixed bridges or to stabilise dentures.
The implant is usually left for some months to allow the bone to form a strong bond to the implant. Then, once the implant has integrated with the bone, an artificial tooth is attached to it to give a natural look. The artificial tooth is custom made to ensure the ideal colour, shape and size.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Restore the mouth as closely as possible to its natural state
- Increase comfort by eliminating loose fitting dentures
- Avoid filing down healthy neighbouring teeth (as with a conventional bridge)
- Preserve facial structure by virtually stopping deterioration of the jaw
- Make a more natural smile improving appearance and self confidence
Are implants right for me?
To see if implants are appropriate for you, and to answer any questions you may have, please arrange an implant consultation with us and we will let you know all the possibilities.